Malvern’s Urban Forest forms part of a linear park network running along the old outer circle railway through the cities of Boroondara, Stonnington and Glen Eira. Set within natural bushland, the urban forest features extensive tree plantings, a grassy picnic area, ponds, bridges, pedestrian and cycle paths.
The City of Stonnington’s Urban Forest Reserve is located in Malvern East between Waverley and Dandenong Roads.
The nearest public transport services are:
- Bus route 612 along Waverley Road
- East Malvern train station on the Glen Waverley line.
Friends of the Urban Forest
The Friends of the Urban Forest is the relevant friends’ group.
The group aims to bring neighbours together to help care for and learn more about their beautiful Urban Forest of indigenous plants and fauna. This is intended to be an enjoyable activity which adds greatly to the greening of the community and the well-being of all involved.
Current projects and activities include:
- List of projects and activities to come.
For more information:
- Web-site: https://www.stonnington.vic.gov.au/Community/Find-a-community-group/The-Friends-of-the-Urban-Forest
- E-mail: Faye at firstname.lastname@example.org